Friday 19 September 2008

Web 2.0 in the office

I promised that I would give a shout to some of the other speakers at the 'Caught in the Web' (CITW) event, well I've got a good excuse to mention Rowan Williamson. Rowan is a colleague at Kingston, she's the LRC Manager and we share an office. As I am typing this blog entry (in between reading my email, instant messaging hubbie and checking out a new social networking facility on Blackboard), Rowan is taking part in an online seminar on accessible library facilities for disabled students. I only know this because her headphones aren't working so I'm half listening in as well. Rowan did a very good workshop at CITW on using Google SketchUp to create floor plans and virtual tours. I would thoroughly recommend that you have a go at SketchUp yourself (even if it's only to redesign your kitchen) but make sure that you work through the tutorial first.

No comments: